Engineering Lab Technician
We are seeking an energetic, motivated team member to join our Peak Innovations Engineering team at our Machesney Park, Illinois location. This position will perform a variety of fastener and fastening tests for our customers, which will require the operation of lab equipment and the collection of data. The qualified candidate possesses strong mechanical aptitude, an attention to detail, the ability to learn to successfully operate a wide array of equipment used to perform tests, the ability to work with little direct supervision, and the skill set to compile accurate data related to testing results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to Peak Innovations Engineering Code of Ethics.
- Follow all safety requirements and approach all facets of the position with a commitment to working safely.
- Operating test equipment, troubleshooting mechanical issues, and performing preventive maintenance.
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Keeping work area clean and organized at all times.
- Collecting test data in a meticulous and responsible manner.
- Creating work orders and receiving test materials.
- Preparing test samples and tooling as required for testing.
- Making fixtures and other required components using equipment in the lab.
- Successfully performing test procedures with limited to no direct supervision after achieving test qualification. Qualification of material being tested to be achieved in a reasonable period of time.
- Processing raw test data as required for use in test reports. Gaining qualification to interpret results in a reasonable period of time.
- Traveling on occasion for training and to customer sites for the purpose of conducting testing or gathering information.
- Complying with quality management system requirements which may include conformance to A2LA and ISO specifications.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Technology is a plus; however technical training and experience in a lab or mechanical setting is an acceptable substitute.
- Experience with English and metric threaded fastener sizes and systems—specifically grade and classes, head and drive styles, plating, and coatings.
- 2+ years experience working in mechanical assembly, testing, or design.
- Experience operating equipment that may include, but is not limited to, grinders, drill presses, lathes, and mills.
- Possess intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; including advanced formatting, graphing, and formula creation.
Peak Innovations Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not make hiring and/or promotional decisions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Please click here to submit resumes to Tim Firm, HR director for Peak innovations Engineering.