Test Engineer – Fastener Test Lab
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform design analysis/problem resolution to assist in developing engineering designs
- Ability to supply technical direction to engineering support personnel
- Analysis of experimental assembly data (i.e., torque, angle, clamp load) to determine joint characteristics and assembly specifications
- Maintain effective communication with internal/external customers
- Work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Utilize strong time management, analytical, and leadership skills with a commitment to being detail oriented.
- Be highly motivated, well organized, and results driven
- Take on additional responsibilities and demonstrate flexibility in both work schedule and work environment based on business needs.
- Travel to support business activities between 25-50% which may include some overnight travel.
- Proficient in MS Office with ability to utilize/learn computer tools such as MC911, Stanley Alpha Toolbox, and others as appropriate.
- Prior experience with 3D CAD software beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of clamp load measurement techniques (e.g., ultrasonics, strain gauges, physical bolt length measurement, etc.)
- Basic machine shop and fixture design skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of statistical and mathematical tools.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Understand basic fastened joint design practices (e.g., clamp load, external forces, joint components, fastener design).
- Understand standard assembly plant fastening methods (e.g., torque, torque & angle, torque to yield).
- Understanding of design and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role.
- Fastening design or test background preferred.
- Automotive experience a plus.
Peak is a progressive, growing, profitable company with great fringe benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life/AD&D/Short Term Disability Insurance
- Holiday/Vacation Pay
- Profit based bonus plan
- Educational Assistance Program
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please)
PEAK is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not make hiring and/or promotional decisions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.